DCtoDaylight;195976 Wrote:
> I think the long term reliability issues will come from the complex
> IC's, rather than anything else.  They can be built for 20+ years of
> service, but most aren't these days...

The vaccum-fluorescent display will crap-out long before the
semiconductors are a problem.  Semiconductors tend to fail quickly
(infant-mortality) or not for a very long time.  Look at any VCR with a
vacuum fluorescent-display.  They grow dim over a period of just a few
years.

It won't matter- the the electronics and display will last long enough
for the whole thing to become obsolete in a year or two.

TD

--
tyler_durden