willyhoops;196334 Wrote:

> It's a bit confusing why I need to order hardware... I mean can't the
> remote already send IR so what's this IR Blaster for? Eg for my TV
> handset all I had to do was type the manufacturer codes into the the
> remote hanset and then it sends the IR needed to the various equipment.
>
> If I have an IR input jack do I need the IR Blaster plus the 'simple
> phono-plug to phono-plug cable' to control?
>
> And if I don't have the IR input jack then I just buy the IR Blaster?
>
> PS Sorry  if that information is answered on the page. I couldn't see
> it.The SB3 remote is not a 'universal' remote.  So you send the IR 'volume'
commands to the SB3, it relays them to the server which interprets them
as required and sends the desired command back to the SB3.  If you want
to control another device, the command is then routed via the headphone
port on the SB3 to the IR blaster which sends the 'correct' IR code to
your amp.

Simple, eh?

.... or you could just buy a universal remote and programme the volume
keys to control the amp, and the rest the SB3 ...

--
Patrick Dixon

www.at-tunes.co.uk