mswlogo wrote:
> Robin Bowes;197880 Wrote:

>> Don't forget the DAC stage - quite a few variables there. Unless
>> you're considering the SB3->external DAC use-case?
>
> I don't care about the DAC, my speakers are Active.
>
> I agree there is tons of stuff you can play with in the analog
> domain.

I presume by "active speakers" you mean "speakers with a digital input"?

In which case, your DAC is in your speakers, i.e. you *are* considering
the SB3->external DAC use-case.

Have you considered both the performance of the SB3->DAC interface, and
the performance of the DAC itself as possible variables in the
digital->analogue chain?

R.