creativepart;196243 Wrote:
> Both were connected via the same Toslink cable to the same DAC.

Let me recap what user creativepart is stating. Ran SlimServer on a Mac
Mini that connected wirelessly to a SB3. Then tried using an external
DAC with the SB3 using the optical output of the SB3. Then connected
the Mac Mini directly to DAC using an optical connection.

States how much better Mac Mini, running iTunes, is when connected
directly to DAC. Acts petulant when claims are questioned.

I think creativepart is disingenuous because the optical cable between
a Mac Mini and the DAC cannot be the same as what was used for the SB3
to DAC connection. The Mac Mini uses a dual purpose audio output that
will work with an electrical connector as well as an optical connector
and this physical connector is not the same as those on a SB3 or the
vast majority of audio/video components.

My conclusion is that creativepart had some reason to make claims that
weren't factual so I am choosing to ignore what was said.

--
Kiwi