I just didn't see the thread. There is nothing really top secret about
how we achieve low jitter, although measurements indicate that
Transporter's implementation is far better than most. Typically an
oscillator will measure 25-50 ps cyc-cyc RMS whereas ours is 11 ps.
Then everything else in the clock path adds up until it gets to the
DAC, where we measure at 17ps, while most devices are in the range of
75-200ps.

- separate picogate oscillators
- high quality crystals
- no PLLs, uses fixed oscillator speeds
- minimal logic between oscillators and DAC
- low-noise power supplies for logic and oscillators
- special layout techniques to control noise and keep ground and clock
signal paths together
- countless hours of testing and refinement using specialized equipment

--
seanadams