> I decided to take the discussion to a more enlightened crowd.
Who decided them to be 'more enlightened'. I probably see them as
idiots. The way you're reasoning around here suggests me that you
probably wouldn't even know people knowledgeable about the subject
enough to be called 'enlightened'.
You have never ever tried to counter arguments people here provided.
Your whole 'discussion' is just a stupid monologue.

I can give you enough of examples of so-called 'tamper-resistant'
hardware which have been cracked within minutes...
If you don't get it by now: everything can be cracked if there's enough
motivation and mostly it's within a fraction of the development time...

> (1) Is DRM possible
Yes it is possible and it will be broken within weeks...

> (2) Would consumers buy it?
Why would I buy something that restricts my rights to things I already
have/can?

> (3) Would the world be a better place with DRM?
Why would the music industry invest in music only few people would buy,
if they can forcefeed you the rubbish they're want to produce cheaply...
So probably NO...

> (4) Would record companies invest in it?
If those are the enlightened people you're referring to... probably
they will try and their companies will die...

> (5) What about subscription services?
Already answered by Andy.

So tell me... how much did you invest into a DRM related company? Just
so we can laugh about how much money you're going to lose...

--
servies