Nostromo;200559 Wrote:
> I'm also looking for a new system. At the moment, my mind is set on the
> Cambridge 640A V2. Now, the tricky part will be choosing the right
> speakers to go with it. The guy at my local high-fi shop suggested
> Triangle bookshelf speakers. When I told him I wanted bass, he
> suggested the Triangle Heliade instead. Another option would be getting
> the bookshelfs and a sub. Of course, I'll have to hear them before
> making the jump.

I heard the combination of NAD320/Triangle Heliade. Wasn't impressed at
all. Sounds sweet on less demanding music, but once things get going
(like symph. orch. in full swing), turns into a mess - I think the
speakers are to blame.

May I suggest Dali Ikon 6 instead - comes from similar school, similar
price class (likely to be found where ever Triangle is found), would
work very nice with NAD/Cambridge and way cleaner sound.

slimkid

The sound stage will open up, bass will tighten and the imaging will
improve. DVD performance will also increase substantially.