mark-e-mark;200787 Wrote:
> I have a Musical Fidelity integrated playing my SB3 FLAC streams that
> are decoded by a Zhalou DAC from China.  The MF is a solid-state
> machine, so what's a digital one?
>
> If you wish to post some links for my edification, I would certainly
> appreciate it.  Cheers.

Usually integrated refers to a stereo amp with built in preamp for
switching sources, volume control, etc.

A surround sound receiver OTOH has a processor that decodes the files
and amplifies five channels, plus sends an RCA signal to the subwoofer.

If you want to use two high quality stereo amps for the fronts and
rears, and one mono amp for the center, then you need a pre-pro, or
preamp processor, to decode the signal and send the appropriate RCA
signals to each amp, and the sub.

One that that a lot of people use just for two channel D/A plus HDCD is
the Enlightened Audio Designs Theater Master. They look like Rowland
equipment, are still serviced by a fellow who's name i forget, and can
be had for as little as $1k used.

PS keep austin weird!

--
Skunk