Just an update on my earlier issue with the "burbling" effect on new
Linn Records 24/96 files (Claire Martin).  I updated my flac to 1.1.4
and then ran a test file, re-encoding to a flac compression level of -0
and then tried playing it on the TP.  Result was absolutely clean music
with no distortion artefacts discernible whatsoever.

I then went ahead and did a batch convert for the whole album directory
and now have the full album set to the lower compression rate.  So far
all seems well.

Does anybody know what flac compression level Linn are using?  Could it
be -8 perhaps, in order to minimise the size of the downloads?

davep

--
davep