willyhoops wrote:
> well, stating the bleeding obvious, the analogue output from the sb3 i
> didn't like is not a spdif jitter issue

No but as I said in my initial response jitter is not solely an issue
when using SPDIF - it comes into play any time you reconstruct the
analogue signal from the digital data, i.e. the SB3 output will be
affected by jitter *internal* to the SB3.

> like i said the 1995 DAP Little Bit Dac i am guessing had a jitter
> issue connected to squeezebox. its an old dac with no jitter protection
> i believe.
>
> andyc was one the one making the remark that pll does not perfectly
> solve jitter issues only buffering. i am just interested in the subject
> and also in a good dac for my sb3... sounds like i should try and find a
> 0.5s buffering new dac for $500 or less. so far have not seen one.
> buffering dacs all looks real expensive. soon i will try two old pll
> dacs and see how they fair.

And as I said in my subsequent response, I'd not get hung up on
technical specs and just listen to a few different options.

R.