Coincidentally, at a Head-Fi mini-meet yesterday, I tested a SB3 analog
out against my Lavry DA10 and an Ori modified Zhaolu 2.5 DACs (pumped
into an Eddie Current ECSS headamp and Sennheiser HD600 headphones
using lossless files). While the Lavry and Zhaolu beat it in all
respects (most notably detail, resolution and placement), the SB3 was
no slouch and although the test was brief (and I've been fooled before
and it should be mention the SB3 PS was upgraded to linear), it didn't
seem an impossible downgrade. To be frank, I suspect I'd be quite happy
with the SB3 as a source. Even more so if bang for buck is at all a
consideration. I'll likely be ordering a white SB3 before the sale is
over, and be able to test further in the future with a better amp.

--
blessingx