I am using an Edirol UA-1EX to record at 24/96 with Audacity. I export
the file as wav and then run ClickRepair on it. I then reload into
Audacity and export as flac. I am  playing these files via a couple of
SqeezeBoxes on two different systems in my house. The whole process
takes time but it sure works great! My question is, would I be better
exporting at 48K vrs. 44.1K? I am saving my files as 16 bits and my
thinking is that since 48K is exactly half the 96K original, it may
produce better results than converting to the CD standard of 44.1K.
I've already determined that the original recoding needs to be done at
24/96 instead of 16/44.1 to preserve as much of the sound of the LPs as
possible. I also quickly dismissed saving the files as MP3s, even at
320Kb/s the sound quality is clearly inferior to the 16 bit flac files.
I just haven't done any testing to compare 16 bit flac files between
44.1 and 48. Has anybody done this already or have an opinion on it?

--
sataylor56