AndyC_772;206963 Wrote:
> Presumably the reason for turning off the FIFO is because the Meridian
> system is designed to sync with a video source, so delay in the audio
> is unacceptable. In a system designed purely to reproduce music, that
> delay isn't a problem.

No, it has seperate lipsync functions for that.

The FIFO is purely for correcting Audio Jitter and Drift.

It's a good observation though.

No matter what Video/Audio will be in sync regardless of the FIFO
setting (it has no control over the source clock or video rate) it's
just what artifacts you want to trade off. It may have a fixed offset
between Video and Audio which is what it allows to adjust independent
of the FIFO.

Note I added an attachment in my previous post but I clipped off the
LipSync functions.

--
mswlogo