opaqueice;206974 Wrote:

> My understanding of the OP was that the topic under discussion here is
> how bad a problem sync issues can be between two players.  But I agree
> that slight variations in the average speed of the clock between
> players isn't an issue when listening to only one at a time.

My understanding is it's another form of jitter and is a problem even
for single systems.

Like I explained above in order to get rid of local jitter which can be
a problem for single system, drift then becomes a problem.

Drift in my opinion is a bigger problem because local jitter can be
easily removed if your average clock speed matches.

Everone that says I have a dejittering DAC should be concerned with
serious drift. I don't know how much drift is serious though.

Having a Master common clock gets rid of Drift, you still can have
local jitter even with a common clock. But with drift removed the
jitter can be fixed up easily.

--
mswlogo