kphinney;210691 Wrote:
> Help me out a bit - why is the Benchmark so well received here?

My guess?  Hype.  I'm not saying it's not a quality product.  but I do
find it interesting, reading through various forums, that more than a
few people who have tried the DAC-1 and the VDA-2 chose the latter.  I
have seen few posts where the listener chose the DAC-1 over the VDA-2
(maybe I missed them, blinded by my love of the VDA-2 though).

I find the VDA-2 to be very natural sounding, detailed without being
analytical, quiet and musical and I'm still using one that has not been
updated to the latest spec (too lazy to send it in for the free update
right now) which supposedly lowers the noise floor even more and
improves linearity.

Adam.

--
SatoriGFX