kphinney;210810 Wrote:
> Actually, this is the first time I heard about iTunes not perfectly
> reproducing the original tracks in Lossless rips.  Can anyone cite any
> studies to determine the validity of this one way or another?

I don't have any studies to cite, but I've heard anecdotally from
numerous sources that if your CD is in excellent condition, iTunes with
error correction on a Mac delivers bit-perfect rips (one story I heard
had someone ripping 100 CDs and finding only 4 wrong bytes total).
Note that this is not true for iTunes on PC.

I used iTunes to rip to Apple Lossless, but I make sure that the ALAC
files are converted to WAV in Slimserver before transmitting to my
Transporter/SB2/SB3...

--
PhilNYC

Sonic Spirits Inc.