cliveb;212908 Wrote:
> ...While balanced lines are sometimes impedance-matched in pro studio
> applications, in a domestic setting it's nearly always a case of low
> output impedance into high input impedance - just the same as
> unbalanced...

Ah, but I did not say "impedance matched" (as in equal
source-output/load-input impedances), but "impedance balanced" -
meaning equal positive and negative signal line impedances to ground.

This fact, along with the third line in the balanced connection that
connects chassis grounds (thus letting inter-chassis currents travel on
this line, instead of on a signal line) I think must account for the
sound/performance difference from balanced connections. What do you
think?

--
NewBuyer