krochat;213580 Wrote:
> I like this theory. The TacT RCS is known to get into a "bad input"
> state where the sound quality is degraded. Cycling through the inputs
> fixes the problem. How about trying powering the DAC off and on (or
> maybe cycling the inputs) instead of cycling the SB3 and seeing if that
> changes the sound?
>
> Kim

I'll try it... but given the way the SB works (ie it doesn't actually
cycle at all) I'm not sure.

Bear in mind I have the TACT 2.2x whereas Omega doesn't...
Also I am using the Altmann gear between TACT and DAC.
Just so we all know - I'm totally unconvinced so far but I'm in the
midst of tweaking my DAC so I am doing lots of caefull listening.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)