I bought a Behringer SRC2496 which arrived this week.  I haven't had a
whole lot of time to play with it; so this morning, I thought I would
burn it in a bit by running a signal through it so it's all nice and
warmed up when I get home.

For this purpose, I fed it one of the Internet radio stations off Slim
Picks.  The Behringer was set where I last left it: 24 bit / 96kHz
upsampling.  But what actually is happening here?  Correct me if I'm
wrong, but I don't believe Internet Radio streams anywhere near the CD
standard of 16 bit / 44.1kHz, so what benefits am I getting by
upsampling the radio stream?

Wonderingly,

- VD

--
Videodrome

Two-channel System:
SB3, into Musiland MD-10 DAC;
Outlaw 970 Pre/Pro;
McCormack DNA-125 amplifier;
Quad 11L speakers;
Sota Sapphire ttbl. w/ Grado Ref. Platinum Cart. into Rolls Bellari
VP-129 tube phono stage;
Marantz 10b;
Nakamichi RX505;
Cables Used: DH Labs, Van den Hul, Distech, Monster, many more.