servies;213962 Wrote:
> Maybe you should create an image of the CD before burning it to CDR in
> stead of creating mp3's and burning those back to a CDR...
> A 1 on a CDR has the same value as a 1 on a CD or do you think that a
> CD player acts like: "Geez... bummer, a CDR, what a cheapskate. You
> know what. I'll just decrease the soundquality in the higher
> frequencies."...

I don't use mp3 (duh) i create wav's with "exact audio copy" and then
burn them to cdr. When ripping it back to the computer the data is
identical to that from the original cd. BUT the cdr sounds indeed
different than the original. I can prove it by abx and/or dbt.

But i don't want to go further off-topic. This is a topic about the
squeezebox and not about cdr. The thing about cdr was just to
illustrate the common phenomenon. ...

--
Ejorne