Greg

I didn't have the SB3 when I had the Tact/Big Ben, I had the Off-Ramp
Turbo which is similar. I commented on it with the Big Ben in this
thead:

http://www.meridianunplugged.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=6;t=000945#000002

You might want to contact Mark_H on that forum, he uses a modified SB
and Tact with an external word-clock.

Another avenue to consider if you haven't already done so is power
conditioning, it made a big difference with my kit, along with top
quality cables (Coherent-Systems Connoisseur).

I also had the balanced BG DAX, an excellent dac, I eventually sold
mine when I upgraded to a modified Wadia 861se. Fwiw, an SB+ with power
conditioning and the above cables is a match for a Wadia 861se, also a
modified Transporter will show the BG DAX a clean pair of heels when
used as a DAC.

Regards
Gary

--