JohnSwenson;215108 Wrote:
> Most of the built in sound on motherboards use an AC97 codec which is
> fixed to 48KHz sample rate.

Good point.  I was only able to get a bit-perfect stream from
foobar2000 because I was using an M-Audio Audiophile 2496 PCI card that
supported 44.1khz playback sample rates.

On the jitter front, turns out that you can you slave this M-Audio card
to an external word clock -- something you can't do with an SB3 (only a
Transporter).  I wonder what the difference in audio quality would be
between those setups...

--
muski

SB3->Bryston BP25DA->Bryston 4B-SST->Watt Puppy 7s
Transporter->Headrom Max Balanced Amp->Balanced AKG701s & HD650s