markwm;215198 Wrote:
> I know a lot of higher end amps have no tone controls but I find myself
> partial to them. I like to crank the treble and bass up on my Rotel
> RA02 integrated amp.
>
> This means I'm a little reluctant to upgrade to a more expensive amp
> because I fear the lack of tone controls will somehow let me down.
>
> On my previous setup I used both the EQ in iTunes and those on my Amp
> to get the sound I want. How do you live with no EQ?

You just get used to hearing the music as the musician/producer
intended it.  I dont know the theory, but the reason most highend
systems dont have tone or equalisers is that it is impossible or very
difficult to design one which does not in some way detract from the
overall quality of reproduced sound.

--
anselld