opaqueice;215614 Wrote:
> For the tenth time, it's really really easy!  I'm almost positive your
> soundcard has a line-in, and if it doesn't, borrow any laptop from some
> time in the last decade and use that.  Then all you need is a cable that
> takes 2 RCA plugs into a coaxial, like this:
>
> http://www.connexions-oem.com/mini-rca.gif
>
> Then use the cable to plug your DAC into the line-in of the computer,
> record a song (for example using Audacity, which is free and
> downloadable), restart the SB, make a new recording, and use
> audiodiffmaker to compare.

I think tests like that will not result in showing a difference. But i
dont think that should say that the difference is not there and
therefor must be in the mind.

Because the difference between that cd and cdr looks like so much
simulair to this effect. And, as far as i know, there is also not a
technical explanation in difference between cd and cdr. Technicians
also say (and honnestly believe) that there IS no difference and all
the diffrence should be in the persons head... But with cd an cdr i can
prove the difference in blind testing, over and over again... But the
technicians still believe it is in my head...

But, escuse me for bringing this cd versus cdr back in this topic...
It's (probably) not connected to this problem... but as i say again,
those test will probably not result in differences, but... still it can
be there. We must know more about audio in technical way aand/or in
human-body way...

--
Ejorne