ezkcdude;215922 Wrote:
> Omega (Mats), I would not start with music. Instead, I suggest using a
> standard 1 kHz wav file (either from the CD player or Squeezebox).
> Using this "fixed" frequency, you may be able to hear some pattern
> (harmonics, etc) in the diff file. With music, I'm afraid the signal is
> too complicated to hear a real difference.

Why not use music?

If I understood his post, he IS hearing a difference even when both
files are recordings of the same track from his CD player.  So there's
something wrong with either audiodiffmaker, the recording process, or
his CD player.  That has to get sorted out first.

The selection I used in my recordings was music - it was a piano and
cello concerto - and the difference file was just very low level white
noise.

--
opaqueice