96/24 is confusing! As the GBP:USD rate is so good, I d/l Symphonie
Fantastique as a FLAC from HighDefTapeTransfers.com (Meta tags were
non-existant BTW).

It played fine on my SB3 and TP, reporting 96k on both; I assume the
SB3 was silently dropping samples/bits (It also played fine on
foobar2000).

Assuming the TP was doing 96/24 'for real', my 100% subjective
experience with no control sample was that this encoding did convey the
physical intensity of a symphony orchestra going a full tilt in a way
that I hadn't experienced with 'red book' rips.

--
amcluesent