jeffmeh;217729 Wrote:
> First, if the music files are in ITunes, are they in Apple Lossless
> format (ALAC)?  If not, then you would be comparing lossy files that
> have thrown away music data to achieve better compression to the
> uncompressed music from your CD player.
>
> Second, if they are already lossless ALAC files, the SlimServer has to
> transcode them for the SB3 to play them.  The SB3 does not play native
> ALAC files.  You need to make sure that the SlimServer is transcoding
> them to a lossless, compressed format (FLAC) or an uncompressed format
> (WAV).  If they are being transcodeded to MP3, then you are again
> comparing lossy to uncompressed.
>
> So, to do an "apples to apples" comparison (pun intended), you need to
> make sure that the SB3 is receiving either FLAC or WAV, so that the
> bits coming out of it are the same as those coming out of your CD
> player.

The music ripped to i-tunes is in wav file format. Typical song file
size is 50MB. Sample rates are 44.1khz and 16 bit size. So as far as I
am able to figuire out the music in i-tunes is uncompressed. Also all
volume, and equilizer settings are not used. And 24 bit mord length is
selected. I went through the top tab that starts for

The Slimserver program only allows for the selection of "use i-tunes or
do not use i-tunes. So how can I be sure that the slimserver program is
properly configuired. I went through the tab that starts with server
settings, and checked i-tunes and performance tabs. IS thre a pathway I
am missing?

Regards
Mister Pig

--