Videodrome;218195 Wrote:
> I own one, so I admit I may be a bit biased, but in fairness to the
> Behringer, it was originally a $500 unit that has since gone down in
> price via competition from online retailers. I understand it uses the
> same Crystal upsampling device that's in several of the
> upscale/expensive DACs.  Regarding the "serious intrinsic jitter,"
> that's a new one on me.  I recall a head-to-head where the Behringer
> performed as well as a Monarchy DIP.
>
> Lastly, the unit has a loyal following among jaded audiophiles
> --especially when used in conjuction with the DEQ2496 -- who typically
> would not blink an eye spending gobs of money on gear.  Is it dirt
> cheap?  Yes.  Does it look cheap?  Definitely.  But I don't think I
> would go so far as to say it's "low quality."

Well, most of Behringer stuff has consistently bad reviews reporting
numerous failures, and its analog stage is said to be just of cheap
design and bad parts quality.
Now, if you look at specs it mention jitter between 2ns to 20ns, which
is HUGE from any standpoint. I'm considering getting DEQ, but I'm
seriously concerned with so high jitter - to handle it I'd need very
well jitter handling DAC.

--
325xi

simaudio nova cdp >> simaudio moon i-5 >> revel performa m20 on skylan
stands via acoustic zen matrix reference ii and acoustic zen satori

sb3 >> audioengine 5