tonyptony;210947 Wrote:
> BAM! Darren, that's exactly the same feeling I have when I listen to my
> Proceed PDT3 tranport vs. my SB3 (which has been modified by BOLDER).
> The mods do help a lot, but the SB3 just does not portray the same
> sense of space as my Proceed. Other than that I am very happy with it.
> <snip>
> No one misunderstand me, I LOVE my SB3, but even with the BOLDER mods
> it doesn't out-do my old transport. Close, but not quite.

This is hard to say in public (again). I am retracting my above
statement after blind testing I did with a friend this Sunday
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=37553).

In these blind tests, I preferred the SB3 as a transport to my Monarchy
as a transport.

I don't know whether my previous (and sighted) observations were
different because I was fooling myself, or whether there is some
burn-in effect with the SB3 or the linear PS.

But I am giving the SB3+linear PS a good run now as a transport.

Tony, just to be clear I am still very willing to accept your own
observations - I'm just talking about my own.
Darren

PS: I'm only making these comments here since this thread has been
bumped to the top by another poster, and I saw my previous comments...

--
darrenyeats

Monarchy CLD-M401 transport or SB3 -> Sony DAS-703ES DAC -> Krell
KAV-300i -> PMC AB-1 (home-made room treatments and supports)