opaqueice;220929 Wrote:

> I should add that audiophiles almost invariably believe they can
> clearly hear the difference and the short A/B test will be easy, only
> to fail when they try it blind.  So not only must the research be
> misleading, but beliefs which are provably false and explained by bias
> in short-term tests must instead be correct for long-term ones.
But the vast majority of this 'research' didn't concentrate solely on
whether there is a difference or not.  Instead it introduced other
parameters which by their nature are likely to skew the results becuase
they require additional brain processing - and as you say, that's where
errors are most likely to occur.  Indeed, your own experiment made this
fundamental error too.

--
Patrick Dixon

www.at-tunes.co.uk