I too am waiting for this to be solved for months now.

In case you didn't see my workaround it goes like this:

when you are listening to the networked music it has to be playing for
digital input to be properly activated. If you hear mumbling then just
switch to another digital in and back to the one you wanted.

In the reversed scenario if the digital in is playing you have to pause
it for the networked music to start properly.

Now, while this works every now and then I forget to do those things
then gotta restart the device and it is starting to annoy me.

--
nuhi