nuhi;221773 Wrote:
> I too am waiting for this to be solved for months now.
It seems that this issue might be beginning to get out of control. To
my knowledge, at least two bugs have been filed about problems when
switching digital inputs:

Bug #4580 (which I filed on 10th Dec 2006) is relatively innocuous - a
simple brief burst at max volume while switching inputs. It's easy to
work around - just don't have anything playing on the input you're
switching to. On 13th Dec, Ross Levine (who I presume is a SD support
engineer) acknowledged that he could reproduce it.

Bug #4834, which was filed on 19th Mar 2007, seems much worse. It seems
that the behaviour described in this bug report didn't exist earlier. I
get the feeling that perhaps something was done to the firmware to try
and fix bug #4580, but ended up making matters much worse. Thank
heavens that I haven't bothered "upgrading" my Slimserver or firmware.

Or maybe things are far more complicated. Perhaps there is some complex
interaction between Slimserver, firmware and hardware that makes things
extremely hard to diagnose. Is there ANYONE around here who is running
a Transporter on a later firmware (eg. 27 or later) and has their
digital inputs working as they should? If so, what version of
Slimserver are you running?

Time for a breather. Slim Devices need to take stock and sort this out.
The Transporter isn't just a "super Squeezebox". It's also an external
DAC/digital pre-amp/call-it-what-you-will. And in an older
configuration (eg. SS 6.5.1, f/w 24), it works very nearly perfectly in
that role. But now it doesn't any more. Seems that some development in
the meantime has broken one of the major selling features of Slim
Devices' flagship product.

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A