Hi guys.
My Transporter has exactly the same problem i.e. if I switch to digital
XLR input I get the loud pop. Then if I try to go back to network I get
no sound at all until a reboot. The pause trick works but makes it
clumsy and difficult to automate with a remote control.
I tried the old firmware as suggested and yes this fixes the no sound
problem but not the original problem of the loud pop. However the
biggest problem for me with the old firmware is everytime I want to
swap from network to pandora or vice versa i have to wait for a
firmware update.
Like others have said, half the reason I bought this was as a
pre-amp/DAC and its currently not fit for purpose.

--
MikeFish