Heimiko;221928 Wrote:
> Try this sequence:
>
> -have something playing on your optical input (don't switch to it yet)
> -select something to play, as normal (ie random play)
> -without stopping or pausing the play, select optical (not anything
> else first)
> -does optical start normal playback now? (no pops, anything?)
> -without pausing/stopping optical, go back into your music, start
> playing something.  does this work all at once?

Just gave this a try, and heard no funny pops or noise...
To make sure I'm doing this exactly the way you are:
I turned on my satelite receiver, to start the optical input.
Switched on Transporter
Navigated to Random Mix/Random Songs and pressed play
Music starts up, no problem
Left arrow, scroll down to Digital Inputs/Optical and press play
TV sound track starts without any pops or noise.
Left arrow, scroll down to Random Mix/Random Songs and press play
Music starts up, again no problem, different song than the first time
(was that a setting in slimserver I had to set?  I can't recall, but I
like to start each "random session" fresh.

Am I doing something different?
Dave

--
DCtoDaylight