lextek;223003 Wrote:
> I order a Cambridge Audio 540 A v2 Integrated today.  Found a
> refurbished one at a good price.  Should be a nice upgrade.
You made the right decision;
Sean Adams (founder of Slim Devices and designer of the SqueezeBox)
highly recommends you have a analog volume control between the
SqueezeBox and the amplifier, for various reasons.
I originally was going to go the route of connecting the analog output
of the SqueezeBox directly to my amplifier's inputs but after doing
much research here, decided to go with an integrated amplifier.
If you search the forum, there are some huge threads on the subject.
Alternatively, you could always put some of Scott Endler's attentuators
in between:
http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4c5pt/id2.html
Also by using the SqueezeBox to control volume, you lose some
resolution as the volume is being adjusted digitally.

--
USAudio

SB3 -> Behringer DEQ2496 -> PS Audio Trio C-100 -> Revel Concerta F12's
/ SVS SB12-Plus