Pat Farrell;223026 Wrote:
> I think you are misquoting him. Or perhaps misinterpreting what Sean
> wrote.
I think it was probably a little of both! =)
I was thinking of this post by Sean which I believe confirms what you
said:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=164681&postcount=3

Pat Farrell;223026 Wrote:
> It is true that if you cut the volume to 25% (down 12 dB) you take a 16
> bit signal and now have only 14 bits that are meaningful. But the same
> impact happens in analog.
Thanks Pat, that is what I was clumsily trying to convey but wasn't
aware there was the same impact in analog.

--
USAudio

SB3 -> Behringer DEQ2496 -> PS Audio Trio C-100 -> Revel Concerta F12's
/ SVS SB12-Plus