Thanks for replies and I hope I am not sounding rude but I KNOW there is
no USB port on the SB3, otherwise I would hardly be asking the question
!

I also appreciate that there won't be an SPDIF to USB cable as such.
What I'm asking is whether a converter of some type exists to marry the
two technologies. If USB to SPDIF converters (like the HAG) can be made,
can't they go the other way around too ?

If the Kingrex had another DAC input other than USB this would not be
an issue. It's obviously designed for input direct from a PC in this
respect.

Or has anyone modified an SB3 to provide USB output ? I know some have
added BNC connections for example.

It looks like the short answer is NO !
Cheers

--