harmonic;224911 Wrote:
> Linn is well known for there superior sources .
>
> The have always pretty much lead the way regarding sources.
> The  where infact the first company that made a geniun   hifi audio
> source with  the sondek  lp12 vinyl player back in the 60s.
>
> The invendted the Source First principle wich means the source is the
> most important aspect of audio chain and take it very seriously.
>
> And the always show this with customer demonstrations , there slogan is
> if it dossent sound better its not better plain and simple.
>

> The top of the line product range the  klimax series  is what the call
> no compromises products  the have huge resurces and and 40 years off
> techinical backgrund in creating sources.
>

> In the linn comunity there are  people that use  the transporter and
> is considdered equal to the unidisk 2.1.
>

> As with all roles  there are exceptions and the klimax ds im pretty
> sure is as good as it can be.
>
> But it better be at that price.

Yawn...............there is nothing new here.

Gee, I guess if the Linn community says something it must be true.

I have a full blown LP12 BTW, but I prefer the graham tone arm and
armboard to the Linn arm, heresy I know, I'm almost not allowed in the
Linn shop( actually just a joke , they like the Graham better as well)

The source 1st argument has been around a long time and is still
controversial.

I've seen Ivor at several Linn demos here in the past, he is a good
salesman :-)

SOTA digital sources have become cheaper and more widespread as have
amps.

It seems to make sense to allocate more money to speakers and room
treatment to wring that last bit of improvement. Which returns us to
the OT:

Why spend 2,000.00 on a mod when that expenditure will likely be more
effective elsewhere?

--
tomjtx