I wasn't suggesting that RC removes the need for good
source+amp+speakers - in fact the opposite is true IMHO. Good RC means
you get closer to the actual sound of what was intended by the
recording artist. You may or may not like the result - it can vary from
album to album.

There is NO (non-RC) speaker currently manufactured that can produce a
flat freq and impulse response in every untreated room (as heard at the
listening position). Some designs get closer than others in some rooms.
RC allows any speaker to work to the best of its ability (good or bad)
in almost any room.

Sorry we seem to have gone OT - my fault.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)