cybervision_ wrote:
> Good to hear - right now I am in a bit of a tight spot financially but
> it will improve and then a DAC is my way it looks. But what affordable
> DACs are best? Is Benchmark the one and only? Some people say it can
> sound a bit "cold", is that correct?

There is no such thing as a "one and only"
its all personal taste. I really liked my DAC-1, but YMMV.
The Benchmark is very "accurate" which some folks call "cold"
again, its personal taste.

The SqueezeBox is a great product, and if you decide to upgrade the
sound, you can just add a DAC.

I would not buy any serious stereo gear without being able to return it.
  The SB has a guarentee, and some dealers offer to take stuff back.