Chinanico;225754 Wrote:
> Have you tried to perform the listening test with unpluging (at the DAC
> side) the coax cable while you are listening to the toslink?...

Hi Chinanico,
Yes that is exactly right, the coax was completely unplugged (both
ends) when the Toslink was in place.

gdg;225679 Wrote:
> ...I'm of the opinion that any electrical noise (notorious in digital
> equipment)can potentially be  transmitted through the coax cable. The
> advantage to electrically isolating the Squeezebox by using the optical
> connection goes well beyond ground loop  humm.

Hi gdg,
In addition, I am not sure that a ground loop through an unbalanced
*digital* coax connection would necessarily produce an analog 60Hz hum
effect, as it can of course do through an unbalanced analog cable...
but I could be mistaken.

--
NewBuyer