Phil Leigh;226102 Wrote:
> Do you have any more information on this? As previously explained, any
> differences in the lowest 3-4 bits won't be detectable anyway -  but
> I'd like to know where this story comes from

Hi Phil,
Most recently I heard this from GW Labs, which makes 'the excellent DSP
upsampling device' (http://www.gw-labs.com/products/index.html) based on
the CS8420 I believe. Digital volume control still works from the SB3
through this device, but apparently the 24-bits are not passing through
unchanged. I guess technically this results in some kind/amount of
distortion(?) but who knows what the audible effect is (if any). I
don't notice any degradation whatsoever, in spite of their assurance
that the bits are being altered.

--
NewBuyer