gdg;226223 Wrote:
> Dudes,
> an engineer/audiophile friend just informed me that the SB3 power
> supply isn't a problem at the digital output but it does radiate AC
> noise. I figure a decent line conditioner with dedicated digital
> filters should do the job.

A digital watch radiates noise too, but when have you heard anyone
complaining about it?  A linear supply radiates noise- look at the
waveform at the rectifiers and explain how THAT won't radiate.  It
isn't a matter of does it radiate- everything does, it is a matter of
how much it radiates.  It is also a matter of how susceptible other
devices are to that radiation.

You're going to get a what, $500 line conditioner to theoretically
counteract the noise made by a $5 power supply?  In this context the
guys who spend $300 for a linear supply for the SBs look downright
sensible!

TD

--
tyler_durden