mister pig;226944 Wrote:
> Fair enough. I went back and listened once again to FLAC vs uncompressed
> WAV, and still prefer uncompressed. The differences are subtle in this
> area, although still noticable in the songs I listened to. I understand
> why the many aherents of lossless feel the way they do, can see their
> points.

John, I am not sure you are seeing the point.

I don't doubt you hear a difference!!! But I (and several other posters
here) question *why* you hear a difference!

Because of the technical issues involved (plus the vast majority who
hear no difference) the idea that it's due to psychological factors is
more plausible than the idea this "subtle difference" is real! So until
you do a proper blind test I am going to assume it's due to
psychological factors. Yes, you really DO hear a difference. No that
does not mean there is a difference. *That's* the point.
Darren

--
darrenyeats

SB3 with Inguz -> Sony DAS-703ES DAC -> Krell KAV-300i -> PMC AB-1
(home-made room treatments and supports)