fred7;227716 Wrote:
> I am glad that Sean clarified the fact that the SB does indeed draw
> slightly more power when decoding FLAC since someone was disputing
> this.

Actually, I'm not sure he *did* explicitly say that. What I read was
that although the Squeezebox has no power saving features, it does
suspend processing in the threads when there is nothing to do.  I guess
the argument is around whether FLAC uses more processing and so there
are less "idle" moments for the decoding thread than when decoding WAV,
resulting in different power consumption profile.

--
CardinalFang