results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=19817
Question: Should there be a new forum for photos?

- yes
- no
- maybe

Very nice jdm56! I prefer to keep it simple too!  Though new components
have crept into my system lately (subwoofer, DAC) but they have taken
it to a entirely new level!
Once you get all those CDs ripped (if ever!) you can simplify even more
and lose the CD player.  I don't even have one in my system anymore.  If
there's a CD I want to listen to and I don't have it on my computer then
that's a good excuse to rip it, only takes a few minutes.
A couple suggestions:
- Take a look at Apple iTunes for Windows.  It's a free download, has
excellent integration with SlimServer, and Apple Lossless is nice (but
proprietary).  However with iTunes you can do a mass-conversion of all
your files to WAV or AIFF if you want down the road.
- Consider an external DAC.  I just received my PS Audio Digital Link
III today in fact and WOW, what an improvement over the analog outputs
from the SB3!

--
USAudio

SB3 -> PS Audio Digital Link III -> PS Audio Trio C-100 -> Revel
Concerta F12's / SVS SB12-Plus