I'm contemplating buying a pair of Wharfedale 8.1 active speakers,
intended to be used in direct connection to my SB3. According to the
specifications the speakers has an idle mode, which is automatically
entered when no music is playing. So this would be a very convenient
setup, with no need to ever touch anything but my iPhone as the remote
for controlling slimserver.

While searching the forums I found several references to a setup like
this, but few actual testimonies. Can anyone confirm that the idle-mode
switching is indeed working well?

My second, and main, concern is regarding the audio quality. While many
can vouch for the excellence of the regular 8.1s, I haven't seen many
reviews for the active variant. They are targeted towards the studio
market, has this degraded their suitability for regular home use?

Regards,
Nils

--
Nils