earthbased;229698 Wrote:
> One does not need a perfect filter.  I agree that analysis equipment may
> be able to distinguish signal differences, but I would bet my money that
> no listener can tell the difference between 96 vs 44 given a quality
> recording and a double-blind test.
One does desire a perfect filter (at least this one does!).  To say you
don't need a perfect filter requires you to prove that no one could ever
hear the difference.  Else you move into the whole realm of perceptual
encoding and masking, and the idea that most people can't hear a
difference.  The slippery slope that seperates MP3's from lossless
formats...

The point I was trying to make is that it's not simply a question of
frequency responce.  There are other factors to consider in the 16/44
24/96 debate.

Cheers,  Dave

--
DCtoDaylight