ezkcdude;230113 Wrote:
> Because there aren't enough of you guys?

Wordclock was not invented to treat jitter!
It was designed to eliminate the need for debate over who was the
"clock master" in a studio environment where every digital device is
potentially a having to generate/recover embedded clocks. This allows
buffer under/overruns to be avoided and perfect synchronisation at
sample level of multiple devices.
Anyone who has tried to use a digital mixing desk with digital synths,
FX and recorders knows that wordclock is essential - remember that
these devices are invariably using a mixture of SPDIF, Toslink, AES,
TDIF, ADAT LP etc etc...

I agree that having a transport driven by a wordclock master in the DAC
is good general practice. However, I don't think that the benefit is
lower overall jitter at the DAC. Benchmark, SD (in the TP) et al have
proven that WC is NOT essential for that purpose.

--
Phil Leigh

ain't what you'd call minimal...

...SB3+TACT+Altmann+MF DACXV3/Linn tri-amped Aktiv 5.1 system and some
very expensive cables ;o)