ErikM;230174 Wrote:
> FWIW the drivers in these are really just "good"  The tweeters are a
> Seas T25CF002 about a $100.00 each and the Pearless Woofers are also
> "good"  I wonder what these would sound like with really great drivers
> like Scanspeak Revelator series :-)

The Millenium tweeters go for appr. $190 each at Madisound. Not that it
matters, but these drivers are Top of the line, and you don't see them
in many speakers on the market. Also the Midrange driver are Top of The
Line. When it comes the XLS subwoofers, I've had them before (closed
box, passive radiator etc.) and nothing comes close to this
combination....

As with every good stew, you have to take a lot of things into
consideration, not just price. I'm fully confident that Mr. Linkwitz
has put a substancial amount of hours in designing the Orions, and
chosen the parts he believs be the correct ones. On his website you can
see that he has compared the Seas tweeter with a Accuton tweeter (highly
regarded tweeter among "Audiophiles"), and the Accuton had more
distorsion than the Seas.... It's all in the recipe... :-)

opaqueice: I too have ordered a ATI 6012, mainly because of 5.1. I have
listened to the Orions with more power (Rotel RMB1077, 7x130W ICE
technology), with no issues. But, I do not believe you'll use more than
a maximum of 20W per channel, as the efficiency is really good.

--
Mattiasa